Times Are Changing – 8 Quick Tips – #APAutomation
I like conference season. I look forward to it every year. For those of you that don’t have the joy of going to conferences, the first season starts in late April and goes to the end of June and the second season starts in late September and goes until early November.
What I have noticed, because I asked the questions, 50% of the people I talk with are automated at some level. They may be doing some scanning or receiving invoices by way of email all the way up to having no paper anywhere in accounting (it’s possible you know). This is in contrast from two years previous where one about 1 in 5 people had some aspect of accounting automated.
As we progress as an accounting society, I thought it might be appropriate to remind the community of a few things.
- ROI is not just money – it’s time too
- Don’t let the service provider’s problems become your problems
- Most AP Automation systems look the same (so)
- Evaluate services as well as the software
- Get as many guarantees as possible
- Use the time freed up by automation wisely
- Paper has paper problems so get rid of it
- Please buy my books (I have 4 kids) 🙂
Want to know more? Buy My Books!
To buy the book – The Argument to Automate – How Innovation Can INSPIRE Not Fire – click here to buy
(Also) To get your copy of The 8 Pitfalls of Accounts Payable Automation – click here to buy
How about a children’s book? The Princess and the Paper – click here to buy