For those of you that feel alone in the desire to get rid of paper invoices by Automating Accounts Payable, I thought I would give you a few ideas to start the conversation.
There Are 5
- What is our current cost to process? AP Automation has a habit of impacting cost. As a matter of a fact if you don’t reduce your cost you are not doing automation right.
- What would we do with more time? The natural by-product of cost reduction is more time. As I have written a lot about, I help the middle market, which doesn’t have a lot of specialist in accounting so time allocation is a big deal.
- How has paper influenced our process? I like to tell people that their accounting process isn’t broken it is just suffering from paper related problems. Problems like lack of tracking and accountability.
- Can we use our people better? Along with point two this point takes the idea of time allocation further; meaning Accounts Payable Automation can eliminate tasks that are unskilled so your skilled people can work on more important things.
- What would better data mean to our decision-making? AP Automation can tell you multiple of dozens of things about cash, people, timing and time as well as expense management. With better data, there is always better decision.
Did You Notice?
In my conversation starters did you notice that I didn’t mentioned anything about software? That’s an important part about starting the AP Automation conversation – which it’s not centered on software. Now, the software is important and it needs to be evaluated, but if you live by the software – you will die by the software (price – timing – additional projects). If your conversation is started with impact and outcome you will have a better chance of getting the word going in the right direction.
Want to know more? Buy My Books!
To buy the book – The Argument to Automate – How Innovation Can INSPIRE Not Fire – click here to buy
(Also) To get your copy of The 8 Pitfalls of Accounts Payable Automation – click here to buy
How about a children’s book? The Princess and the Paper – click here to buy
About The Author:
Christopher Elmore has written 8 books, countless articles, lectures at UNC – Charlotte and travels around the country speaking on on the topics of startup success, sales, presentation skills, change, entrepreneurship, accounts payable and payment automation. Having deep startup and entrepreneurial experience, Christopher was one of the six people that startedAvidXchange in 2000 and continues to work in the business today. If you hire Christopher to speak or teach at your company or event… you won’t be sorry! Request a media kit or contact usfor more information.